“On Wednesdays we wear pink!” At Juniper Village at Brookline we’re proud to observe “Wear Pink Wednesdays” each week in October to show our support for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Check out these top five tips from Mount Nittany Health for reducing your risk for breast cancer:
1) Get physical: Daily exercise, even walking, can reduce your risk of getting breast cancer.
2) Check your breasts every month for abnormal changes; this can help detect early warning signs of the disease.
3) Quit smoking and limit alcohol, as both can increase a woman’s risk of breast cancer.
4) Get a mammogram: Talk with your doctor about when you need to be screened. Screenings can detect lumps that may not be felt during a self-exam.
5) Be aware of your family history and let your physician know if there is a history of any type of cancer in your family.
At Juniper Village at Brookline, we’re thankful for community partners like Mount Nittany Health. We work together keep our residents healthy in body, mind, and spirit!