Fact or Fiction?
The situation with regard to COVID-19 is evolving so rapidly, it is hard to keep track of the latest information, no less understand whether what you are hearing is truth.
What we know:
• The disease continues to spread rapidly
• There are several hot spot counties in multiple states where there are large numbers of confirmed cases
• The disease will continue to spread exponentially unless we take meaningful precautions including social distancing.
• Social distancing or staying home and out of crowds (now defined as 50 or more) applies to everyone—not only older adults with chronic conditions but also to younger people who may not experience the disease in the same way but who may be carriers
• Personal safety includes many things including regular handwashing for a minimum of 20 seconds, not touching the face, covering your mouth when coughing, sneezing into tissues that we immediately then discard safely, and maintaining a minimum of 6 feet from others whenever possible
What may be fiction:
• Most estimates of the likely spread as that is currently dependent on precautions we take and testing
• No symptoms, no worries. (All of us can be carriers whether we show significant symptoms or not).
• What applies today, will apply tomorrow. What we know about the disease and its spread is causing (needed) changes in personal and public response every day.
At Juniper, we are committed to being transparent with the issues we face and our planed or implemented actions to cope. We are part of national and regional task forces that are rapidly forming to share and sort through information and best practices. We have and will continue to communicate in a number of ways, daily.
Above all, however, we urge calm and to the degree possible, clear heads. It is going to take all of us to find the best solutions and keep each other safe.